Production Manager, 2012-2017
LIVE TV, REALITY TV, EVENTS
- Manage live broadcasts and special events for Viacom corporate and network special programming covering international television events, including Bellator MMA live broadcasts, Comic-Con All Access in San Diego, E3 Expo in Los Angeles and star-studded game console launches for XBOX (Microsoft), as well as large-scale executive conferences.
- Worked on the creative teams at OneKreate and Emota production companies, and Petco communications agencies, to write, produce and direct a 7-part video How-To Groom Your Dog series, as well as produce videos on the fly from the AKC national dog show – all as marketing tools for the Petco YouTube channel.
- Worked closely with animals and trainers.
INT/EXT COMMUNICATIONS, VIDEO PROJECTS
- Worked for 10 consecutive years producing domestic and international marketing and communications projects in multiple business sectors for clients including Computer Sciences Corporation (technology), Department of Homeland Security (government), Sycuan Casino (retail), and Mountain West Conference (sports).
- Worked in 17 countries throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Managed multiple crews in the field simultaneously with back-to-back locations, extreme deadlines
- Worked on the creative team with the ad agency for National Association of Realtors to create a backyard makeover web series to promote their HouseLogic.com homeowner information website.
- Project incorporated video, web, local media and social media in an online contest where the winner got a 20K backyard makeover in 7-days that we produced into a web series.
- Managed crews and logistics in construction environment.
Production Manager, 2012
- Worked with Rock Shrimp Productions to manage reality television series production in San Diego for cooking show with celebrity chef, Marcela Valladolid.
- Coordinated all production logistics among multiple departments working closely with network executives adhering to show formats and branding standards.
- Managed crews in the field.
Production Manager, 2010
- Worked with Mike Mathis Productions to manage reality television series for MTV. Managed all production logistics, including multiple field crews, budgets, schedules and locations.
HOW-TO VIDEO/WEB SERIES
- Worked with DocuCinema to produce this marketing communications project branding Home Depot in How-To video series covering multiple trades – painting, landscaping, tiling.
- Worked with Mike Mathis Productions to manage reality television series production based in Washington about the US Coast Guard manning dangerous coastal waters.
- Worked with DocuCinema to produce pop-science entertainment news segments, For Real? and Ultimate Fan, about new release movies with celebrity interviews for daily television show.
SHORT/LONG FORM DOCUMENTARY
- Produced, wrote and directed multiple documentary projects that aired both regionally and nationally.
- Projects, among others, included Emmy Award-winning docuseries, Purple Couch exploring real people answering real questions in spontaneous and changing environments; Emmy Award-winning documentary titled Bigger Boxes: The Battle Over Americas Superstores exploring the political, social and economic impact of big-box retail on local communities; and Emmy nominated documentary Power in Motion exploring the recovery efforts after the worst fire in California history.
Senior Producer/Writer/Director, 2000-2002
- Recruited at the age of 26 to head up a nationally franchised ABC morning news segment that aired 5 days a week featuring lifestyles tips on family, health and personal finance topics.
- Responsible for setting and implementing all department operations and procedures for this brand new franchise. I hired and managed all staff and created all segment content utilizing existing McGraw-Hill publishing content for cross-branding requirements. I created and managed all schedules and budgets, managed all quality control and delivery in high stress, heavy demand environment with unrelenting deadlines, all while also working in the field writing, producing and directing segments.
- Produced and directed documentary series hosted by Walter Cronkite profiling veterans of WWII and the Korean War detailing their stories of triumph and tragedy during their tours of duty.